Thursday, September 18, 2008

It's been a couple weeks since I posted any pictures!

Even if I haven't posted any, I'm still always taking them! Here's a few:


Left to right: My Meade ETX-80 computerized telescope. - With my Canon SX-100 camera mounted on it.



Left to right: Last night's Moon. - Last night's Jupiter and it's moons.



Left to right: The Double Cluster in Perseus from two nights ago, 9/16/08. The Moon was too bright, hence the bright background sky. I only took about 10 15 second exposures of it, and the left picture is one of those. - Same thing but after all the exposures have been stacked. It's so light because of the moonlit background sky. - Same picture final image, after I darkened the background and brought the color up a little. If if if, I had better equipment, more experience, more knowledge........hee hee! But I make up for it in FUN!



Left to right: Last night's Wild Duck Cluster in the south, near Jupiter. Same process as above except the Moon was slightly better, hence the slightly darker background sky, and I combined 23 15 second exposures to get the final image. - The combined images. - The final image.



These are cropped closeups of the above images. Bear in mind, these were not taken through the telescope but with the cheap camera's own lens, as it rode on top of the telescope (see first set of pictures). Left to right: The Double Cluster. - The Wild Duck Cluster.