Monday, September 1, 2008

The town of Pray? You can't get there from here.

Yesterday was a great day for an ATV ride! I was pretty tired from astrophotography practice the night before (or early that morning, depending on how you look at it), so petered out earlier than the others. I was home by 7pm. Still, I rode 125 miles and the others were out there somewhere yet when I left!

We really had to look hard to find any mud on the trails. The closest thing we came to it was one or two spots where there was no dust! There isn't much "trail" left in trail-riding nowadays.

I didn't see this happen, but what I was told was that on the way into Hatfield our group met some cars with the occupants giving us the thumbs down sign. Most likely silent sports' arrogant bastards. I enjoy some silent sports myself, but I'm not so narrow-mindedly pigheaded that I would for a moment think of trying to tell others what recreations they can or cannot enjoy. I guess Darwin gave them a salute back, with a finger that did not include the thumb. If I had seen it, I may have tracked them down and pounded the piss out of them! HA HA! As I get older I find that I have less and less patience, especially for those that try to take away your Freedom to pick and choose the way you relax on your day off.


Out Of Order? Usually!



This guy was cruising around Necedah in the morning. Looks like fun. I'm for all kinds of recreation (whether silent or not), I'd give it a try.



Here's to the next 1000 miles on my Polaris Hawkeye!