Saturday, April 11, 2009

Trouble In HawkeyeLand!

It's the first thing I have had go wrong with my Polaris Hawkeye ATV. Yesterday the battery went bad. It just quit taking a charge and it would make the lights blink on and off and even kill the engine sometimes when I turned the lights on. It's 2 years and one month old, and that's pretty good for an ATV battery. I've bought a lot of them over the years and that's about the longest they last.

Went to Wal-mart last night to get a new one. The one listed for it was $80, but the one I bought was $40. No way was I going to buy that $80 one. The $40 one is 3/8 inch taller than the original. Nothing a little bending of the hold-down bracket couldn't fix, especially for half the price of the other one!

More fire! This time was a car fire.


When it's dry and possibility of forest fires, this is the way my trailer looks. Note the water and shovel! I've never needed it, but I feel better just in case. Chainsaws don't normally start fires. It's usually the guy running it that does something stupid, like throw a cigarette down etc.


- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment