Tuesday, June 23, 2009

News From The Observatory

There are a lot of deer running around, many of them with fawns. The dragonflies are busy by the pond. And this little wren filled my pants with sticks while they were hanging out on the clothesline!



The black raspberries are going to be plentiful this year. So are the blueberries, some of which are ripening daily now. The wild strawberries are almost done. They're tiny, but so much sweeter than cultivated ones!


Flowers, flowers, and more flowers!



The garden is growing great. We're currently harvesting winter onions and radishes. I swear, the corn grows an inch or two everyday now. This hot, humid weather (and the nitrogen I gave it) really makes it grow.


And finally, two new night sky pictures! This is a comparison between my wife's Panasonic and my Canon. There is no danger of me commandeering her Panasonic. I'll stick with the Canon. The picture on the left is from hers and the picture on the right is mine.


- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill

2 comments:

  1. Karen's camera don't capture as many stars as yours did but it did do a good job on the brighter stars it did capture

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen's camera runs really hot too! My Canon got so much dew on it that it was dripping wet and the Panasonic didn't get any, it was so hot. I could even smell the heat!

    Next I might try Ashley's Canon. It should be about as good as mine (cost even more than mine!).

    ReplyDelete