Saturday, June 6, 2009

Wood stoves reduce heating bill

Forest fires have burned naturally in this area for millions of years, long before humans ever lived in the area.
When I burn wood in my stove it means that my family is warm and safe no matter what happens. I am not directly dependent on the power grid, natural gas or oil to survive the cold weather. The next time you want to put in a complaint about wood stoves, think about where you would go in the middle of the winter if the power went out for a long period of time. My guess is that you would eventually be huddled up next to a fire somewhere.
The alternative heat sources Canadians have at this point do much more damage to our environment. If someone was to knock on my door and ask me to put out my wood stove, my response would be this: "Are you going to pay my heating bills?"
Jeramie Geensen
Prince George

source....

No comments:

Post a Comment