Sunday, July 19, 2009

I met another telescope owner!

My wife and I had a great time last night at Universe in the Park, an astronomy program presented by the University of Wisconsin. Unfortunately, there were only 6 people in attendance and it was cloudy. None of the other people were from around here. I don't even know any other local that owns, or is vaguely interested in telescopes and I've lived here all my life. The other people that were at the presentation were campers in the park.

Even though it was cloudy, the young man putting on the presentation set up a telescope for us to look at. It looked like a nice one, and much bigger than my little ETX80. Too bad the sky was completely overcast.

- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment