Sunday, September 6, 2009

News From The Observatory - Wood Cuttin’

Like the rerun of a good TV show, here’s more wood cutting pictures.

Cut and ready for a good pounding from my 6# splitting maul:


I split it right where it lays after I cut it up. No need to move any rounds, just the lighter splits:


As I work up the tree of rounds, I toss the splits next to my wagon and continue on. I don’t handle the firewood any more than I have to:


Here it is loaded and ready for transport out of the woods:


Here it is at the wood museum. At this point it will remain on display there for up to 5 years (or less), depending upon how much I allow to be purchased between now and the time I get back around to this part of the stack:


- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment