Monday, February 22, 2010

My Camera-shy Audience

All winter there has been a herd of about 20 deer where I have been cutting. They watch me working, peeking from behind the thickets. They've been really hard to get a picture of. Two of them have finally decided that deer season was long enough ago to become a little bit more brave.


They got up after awhile, but they still weren't too afraid.


Slowly moving away.


And there they go.


The day's airplane photo.


I thought this was a red-tailed hawk, it's screech sounded like one. He was way up there. But, upon review of the photo, I don't think it was. Not sure what kind of hawk it was.


It was a beautiful sunshiny day.


40°. Won't be long now before Spring arrives. There could be a lot more snow and cold, but it won't last long anymore.


- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill