Wednesday, October 22, 2008

More from the observatory:

This was last night, as the clouds were thickening up. It's a little group of stars in Perseus, below the Double Cluster. I'm not sure if it has a name. I wanted to get some more exposures of the Coathanger to add to the stack, but the weather cut me short. Maybe in a few days when it clears again.


This is from a few nights ago, the Double Cluster. My exposures were a little too long, so the stars trailed, but I still thought it was kind of pretty. I can do better next time.


This is from a month ago, the Swan Nebula. I wasn't even sure that I had captured it, but the more I studied other people's better pictures of it, I realized that I had indeed got it. Can't even see a hint of it in the single exposures, it only shows up after they're stacked. I just guessed where it was and started snapping away with the shutter button.


- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill!