Sunday, October 12, 2008

What a great day it was for a bicycle ride yesterday! We rode from Elroy, past Kendall, through Tunnel #1, then back to Elroy. A nice little 22 mile ride. The weather was perfect and the leaves were at full color.


JR taking a picture of me taking his picture!



I don't think these guys like their picture taken. I don't either.



I can't ever remember this place being open, even when I was a kid.



Break time!



This is the east entrance to Tunnel #1. There were A LOT of other people that had the same idea as we did. Some friendly, some not. We've noticed most of the friendly ones are not wearing fancy bicycle pants. Maybe those pants squeeze their privates too tight? I can imagine it would be hard to be friendly if your crotch was always pinched!



The lime deposit covering the tunnel walls, from over 100 years of water running down it.


- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill!