Sunday, March 29, 2009

News From The Observatory

Finally, on Friday night we had clear skies! I was able to complete a couple pictures I've been working on, and make progress on a few others.

Unfortunately the brakes went out on my truck yesterday morning, so I've been busy working on that and haven't had any time to upload anything. I'm still working on the brakes. But right now I'm waiting. Since I live IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, where the auto parts stores are barely open half a day on Saturdays and not at all on Sundays, I am waiting until after 9:00am to travel away from THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE to get to a store that is open for business. I don't like spending money in Adams anyway, if I don't have to. They don't seem like they want the business very badly.

In case you were foolish enough to miss it! 3/27 Moon.



The Beehive Cluster.


The Flame Nebula. It's real faint, next to the leftmost bright star in this image. I think if I spent more time on this one, it might come out better. Unfortunately Orion is moving out of position for my observing site now, until next year.


This is the Flame Nebula cropped from a full size, brighter version.


- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment