Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Nice Day To Be Outside!

Here's where I've been cutting wood lately. That isn't grass folks! That's black raspberry and even worse, blackberries! And throw in a few burdocks and grapevines for good measure. A lot of wood in there, but it isn't easy to get to. I have to use the chainsaw like a weed-whacker before I can even get to the firewood! Don't wear short pants in there!


Must have been 1000 Sandhill Cranes flew over today.


Pissin' little rock! Didn't know it was there, happened to be right exactly where I was cutting, same color as the old leaves, and then the sparks started to fly. I stopped right away, but of course it was too late. Time for a little sharpening.


A doubleheader!


Goofy old Burr Oak, you just never know sometimes how they're going to grow. They are my favorite oak firewood, second most favorite overall, behind Cherry.


- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill

2 comments:

  1. I know what you went through with those damn raspberry bushes.I had alot of those when i cut trees down at Matts place.He mentioned a year or so that he had a couple more trees,wonder if he still wants to get rid of them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished my loop trail around through them today. Bleeding a little bit here and there, but at least now I can drive up to most of the wood as I process it and load it.

    ReplyDelete