Friday, March 6, 2009

Two Things I Really Hate!

I don't always pick specific things to single out and bitch about. After all, there's so much to dislike why waste time with just one or two? But once in awhile something worthy of "I Really Hate It" comes along. Today I have two.

#1 is SNOW! It sucks. Enough to make it white between Christmas and New Year is ok, then it can go away. I tried to get out and cut firewood again today, but couldn't. I kept getting stuck. There's still 12"-18" in most places out there and since it was warm today, the snow turned soft and I kept sinking in. I've been able to get out there everyday, and even haul loads up the last week, because it's been cold and the snow was hard enough that I could stay on top with a loaded trailer. Today I never did make it out to where I have been cutting. Finally unhooked the trailer, wheeled it by hand through the snow to get it out of the way. Then I was able to back the Hawkeye up to where I could turn around and hook back up to the trailer and go home.


#2 is that stupid, damn, no brain, reverse override button on my Polaris Hawkeye ATV! If you've ever been stuck or plowed snow, you'll know what I'm talking about. What a pain in the ass. When you're stuck, and you're alone, you can't hold the damn button in and get off and push at the same time. And what makes it especially stupid is that without the button pushed you don't have 4WD in reverse! What the hell? Limiting the speed and power in reverse is bad enough, but what idiot decided it was a good idea to also turn off the 4WD in reverse unless you push the stupid button? And one more thing that adds to the overall stupidity of the damn thing is that the Hawkeye's button is also tied into controlling the speedometer/trip meter functions. So now it's even harder to disconnect the thing, unlike the older ones that were fairly easy to disable.


Fortunately I invented a "Stupid Reverse Override Button" overrider and it sure came in handy again today!


- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill

1 comment:

  1. Crappy Polaris. You will have to trade it in on a good brand.

    ReplyDelete