Friday, May 23, 2008


The ISS was directly overhead last night and even though it was cloudy, it's so bright that I could easily see it through the clouds. Actually, the cloudiness helped me see it better with my binoculars. Normally it's so bright that I can't make out any details of the shape, but the clouds dimmed it just enough to view it more easily without the glare. I could make out some of it's shape.



I just thought this glowing cloud was cool, so added it here for your viewing pleasure!


Mars will be in the Beehive Cluster tonight. Be sure you get out and take a look, especially with binoculars! (see the star chart below, follow the simple instructions, set your location and a 10 pm time, click "W" for west) Look west after sunset and you will see a fairly bright reddish star (that's Mars) and it will be in the middle of a glob of faint blue stars (that's Praesepe/Beehive Cluster/M44). I'll attempt to get a picture or two but, as usual, my night sky pictures don't do justice to the real thing!

Oh, and how could I forget the ISS! Check that out too!

No comments:

Post a Comment