Thursday, June 12, 2008

Even though we got over 8 inches of rain here, there wasn't any flooding. Not even any puddles. We've had drought conditions for so many years that our dry sand just sucked it all up.

I had been told that Easton got 12 inches of rain, which I suppose is possible since it's really not that much more than we got. But the same person also said that the Easton Pond was full, even though it had been drained months ago and there are no boards in the spillway. Impossible. I decided that I better go check on my house there. While there, I looked at the creek and pond myself. Turns out the story about the pond being full with no boards in the dam is a lie. Total bullshit. The creek was totally normal looking, barely even muddy. And it was very obvious that it had never really even been out of it's banks.

Just one more story made up by some of the people in Adams County to make it seem like they have it harder or are poorer than anybody else, even if it means lying to everybody about it. I pretty much don't believe anything I'm told anymore. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.