Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Here we go again!

It's starting to look a lot like last year. We got almost 10 inches of snow so far, and still snowing hard at 9:00am. Although, on the radar it looks like it's almost done.

We made it home ok from Medford last night after Mrs. Reverend's grandma's funeral (130 miles one-way). It snowed really hard in Spencer, for a few miles, then it quit until Necedah. From Necedah it snowed hard all the way and by the time we got to Grand Marsh there was already a couple inches of new snow.

New washing machine still working good this morning.

I've taken almost 7,000 pictures with my Canon SX100 IS camera after owning it for 9 months. That's already getting close to the number of pictures I took with the old Sony Mavica in 8 years (10,000). The night sky pictures that I take with the SX100 really add up though, since it takes so many to make one. Something I couldn't do with the old Mavica. The Sanyo is a good camera too, but not in the same class as the Canon. My daughter sort of claimed the Sanyo for herself so I don't get to use it much anymore. Same story with the Panasonic, the only difference being that Mrs. Reverend claimed that one! If I buy anymore cameras in the future, they'll be Canons. I'm sold on those.




- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill!