Friday, December 5, 2008

A little more snow on the way.

They say 1 to 3 inches of snow again tonight. I guess tomorrow I'll finally have to plow. I've been putting it off. The first three inches we got, the ground was still too soft. I didn't want to run the dirt and stones threw my blower if I didn't have to. If we had gotten more than that, I would have had no choice. The money to purchase the snowblower was too hard to come by to ruin it unnecessarily.

The last 1.5 inches we got was no big deal so I left that on the ground too. Now I'm sure the ground is frozen hard enough.

0°F this morning at 2:30am. Nice and warm in the house though. One thing about wood heat is that it's quiet too. No loud furnace blower roaring or vibrating during the night. I have a couple little fans I run on low when it's really cold to help circulate the heat, but they're quiet.

Having a little extra trouble with one of my stupid teeth the last few days. One side of my face is swollen. Nothing much out of the ordinary for me though. The consequence of not having insurance I guess.

Mrs. Reverend's grandma passed away on Monday. We'll be heading to Medford for the funeral. Now all she has left is her mother, then she'll be the "old" generation in her family, like I am in mine.

- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill!