Wednesday, December 31, 2008

News From The Observatory

-4°F this morning. Another 4" of snow yesterday/last night.

I don't mind the cold weather, I prefer it actually, but snow sucks. It's way more work than it's worth, and it keeps me from doing what I want to do most, cut firewood.

I haven't had the observatory equipment out lately. The weather has been too harsh. They say it won't hurt anything, but I don't want to push my camera and telescope too hard. The stargazing I have done has been with my eyes and binoculars. Just as fun, sometimes more fun, and certainly quicker and easier on a below zero night!

Might go for an ATV ride on Sunday, depending on the weather. Cold is ok, but if we get a storm I won't be driving the old bald-tired truck anywhere! I've been riding the '96 Polaris Trailboss down to the barn lately. It doesn't get much use these days and I thought it would do it good to run it a little. The battery is no good, it won't take a charge, so I'll have to get a new one next time I get to town. And since the battery won't take a charge, it burned the bulbs out like it always does when that happens. I'll have to get new headlight and taillight bulbs for it too.

- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment