Friday, January 23, 2009

I'm Ready For The Castle Rock Family ATV Club Poker Run Tomorrow

The last time I went for a ride on my Polaris Hawkeye was November 16th when JR and I rode the routes in the refuge. I haven't even started the Hawkeye since the first week of December, which was the last time I tried to get out in the woods with it (I've since been able to walk as far as the snowmobile trail a couple times, but that's it).

Anyway, the little Hawkeye fired right up this afternoon and I loaded it in my truck. I was amazed that it started so easily after setting so long, even though it was a warmish day today. I had to brush a lot of dust off it from setting dormant in my machine shed.

I filled Dad's old Jon-E handwarmer with fluid. Sounds like it's going to be a good day for it. In the morning I'll fill my thermos with some hot chocolate (it'll be the first time I've used it), and gather all my other stuff up.

It's supposed to be -15°F in the morning and a high tomorrow of 0° but it shouldn't be too bad. It's not far between stops. So, barring any difficulties in the morning, and if I don't decide to stay home and tend the woodstove instead, I'll be heading for the lake. Once I get there, I hope the snow isn't too deep for my ATV. Otherwise I'll ride a couple laps around the parking lot, I guess. I most likely won't be staying late for the poker drawing etc. By then I'm sure woodstove at home will need some serious attention. But I plan to spend the day cruising around the lake with my ATVing pals!

- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment