Saturday, January 24, 2009

What A Great Day!

Yes, it was a little bit nipply out on the lake today, with the temp hovering around 0°F all day, but it really didn't feel bad. Not a lot of wind and plenty of bright sunshine. The snow wasn't deep at all. Only a few inches. Where did it all go from the lake? Did the wind blow it off? Hmmm, it's knee deep everywhere but on the ice.

Everything went well. Dad's old Jon-E warmer worked great. My thermos was unbelievable. What little hot chocolate I had left in it when I got home tonight was still too hot to drink!

When I got to the lake my Hawkeye wouldn't start with the electric starter (it was -8°F at that time). All it did was growl a little. I thought; "Uh Oh, this isn't a good sign." But I gave it one pull on the ripcord and it fired right up. Whew. Never had any trouble with the electric starter the rest of the day, it worked flawlessly as did the rest of the machine.

Lots of new pictures, which I'll probably post some of them tomorrow! It takes me that long to narrow them down to a number that my super slow connection can handle.

- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment