Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Few Early Morning Pictures (couple days old)

The front yard stack. Soon I will have to put away the last lawn chair and the Mrs.’ bench. I’ve already got the firepit rocks marked so I don’t hit them clearing snow. Most years those markers aren’t tall enough, but they get me started on the pattern.


Ah, Halloween fast approaching. My favorite holiday. We had a pretty good crop of pumpkins in the garden this year, but haven’t carved any yet. If we carve them this early, they’re all shriveled and nasty by Halloween. One of this weekend’s projects.


Old Smokey chuggin’ away at 29°F the other morning.


This is the spot I am at right now, in the front yard stack. The wood I am burning on the right (from here it goes monthly to the porch, then daily next to the stove) and the recently processed wood on the left. I fill in the gap with fresh processed as I make room by burning the seasoned. After I finish going through all of the front yard stack (my primary stack), then I move to the secondary stacks in the back yard. After that, I begin to haul up some of the oldest stacks from out in the woods, snow depth permitting.


- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment