Tuesday, October 13, 2009

TV Antenna Rotator..........Continued

After the air temperature warmed to above freezing the other morning, my TV antenna rotator started turning again. So I made that sucker look like a lawnmower blade up there! I whipped it around and around and around. Then I looked at the new one in the box that I broke when I had all that trouble before. I think I see how water could be getting into it. There is a seal on top of the box that isn't designed very well. It doesn't seal tightly enough under the mast mount. I can't see any way to fix it other than maybe smearing it with grease. An umbrella thing like Dad made for his wouldn't work on this one, unless I plugged the top of the mast too, maybe.

Anyway, this morning down in the 20s°F again......and the rotator turns! There is also icicles hanging from it due to the snow/rain we had last night and it still turned. So maybe my lawnmower blade lookalike method of repairing it did did the trick. We'll see.

- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment