Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Magnificent Splitting Maul!

Being healthy enough to use it (my 100lb wife cannot swing it and will never need to), the splitting maul has for decades proven itself as an invaluable tool. Less expensive than other splitting alternatives, and more versatile; I can use it anywhere, even in the woods and splitting directly on the ground. Because of it's sufficiently long handle and it's indifference to a dull edge that never requires sharpening, there is no reason to haul my rounds to a designated splitting block, nor attempt to balance one round on top of the other out in the woods. It's heavy enough to have adequate momentum for carrying itself through the round, instead of sinking in the wood just to get stuck, like lighter and sharper tools do.

I am very happy with my splitting maul.

- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment