Sunday, October 11, 2009

What the hell?

Some of you may remember all the trouble I had when I decided to put a rotator on my TV antenna. I had never had one before and thought it would be nice to be able to turn it and see how many of these new digital channels I could get. Well, 4 months old, and this morning it was 22°F. Go to turn the antenna....and it won't turn! The control turns, but the antenna doesn't budge. I assume there is water/ice in it, but how? Shit. Guess I'll have to take it down today and see what I can do to fix it. Seems like when I was a kid, Dad had the same trouble with one of his. I remember him making an umbrella type thing out of an old inner tube and putting it above the rotator to shed the water.

- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment