Friday, February 16, 2007

Where's my dollar?

We went for a day of riding our ATVs on the ice. Decided we would park at one of Ad Co's boat landings and unload there. Well, when we got there, we stopped at the stop sign in front of the park office. Nobody there, so we continued on to the boat landing parking lot. Of course you wouldn't have to pay one of your own local parks to park at the boat landing for a few hours in the dead of winter, right? Wrong!

After a great day on the ice, we noticed pink pieces of paper stuck under the wipers of our trucks. What's this? Well, it was a note stating we should pay BEFORE we use the park (where when nobody is there?). It had our license numbers scrawled on it, some scratching about how the fee went up to four dollars after the first of January, and some vague scribbling about the north side of the office. Well, we go to the office and of course nobody is there. Look around on the north side, and no sign or anything, but we did find a small mail slot half hidden in amongst some magazine racks and other crap on the outside of the building.

We each only had a five dollar bill. Now what? I scribbled on my pink slip that I wanted one dollar mailed to me (they had my license number, figure it out where to send it themselves). So far I have yet to see my one dollar in change! How about you JR?

Chase all the money-making stuff away from the county and then squeeze the rest of us for every penny they can! Stupid.

5 comments:

  1. NO dollar for me either.Really dissapointing that our county would screw the locals like that.Never used to have to pay to use our county parks in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I hear you have to pay to even use the little crappy boat landings now too! The ones that the county did not build, did not maintain, and now they have taken them over and see yet another way to screw people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still waiting. Mrs. Reverend says I should just roll over and take it like the rest of the sheep, and I'm sure I will. What else can you do? Actually, I think I've already been "sheeped" and just don't fully realize it yet.

    ReplyDelete