Sunday, February 18, 2007

webmaster note

2/2/07
After debating whether or not to remove the archive page, I decided to rearrange it to be more orderly. It was getting quite long, especially after the "mother of all paperwork years - 2006" (I feel sorry for the secretary that had to keep up with all that - as the saying goes, all work and no ATVing makes a secretary unhappy). I reversed all the links so that the most recent was on top, and separated them by year. It's still quite long, but hopefully easier to find the information needed, that is assuming anyone actually USES the page.

I removed the picture page. That page required a lot of storage space, a lot of time and maintenance to keep it uploaded, and with all the wack-oes out there (on both sides of the coin - anti-atv versus the totally radical "image is everything" crazies which are just as bad) I felt it was time to dump the pictures. ATVing should be fun and the members of this club shouldn't have to worry about being in a photograph with no helmet or legal mud riding that could possibly be construed as illegal by both groups of crazies simply from looking at a photograph. Besides, I will still be taking pictures for my own use (if you want a couple, and you do not belong to either crazy group, let me know). Also, some of them will end up on my home page from time to time.

The discussion board is gone. The damn thing was such high maintenance and the programming did not work too well either. (I just checked a few minutes ago and now it has some "Recipes R Us" logo on the top of it - good riddance to the crappy thing with it's weird haunted logo changing problem and blah blah blah) Not worth the time and effort to check it day after day after day for the small handful of use. I won't miss it. Yuck! If anyone else wants to start one up, and/or needs to copy some of the old posts from it, let me know within this month. The software will automatically delete itself after one month of no posts (which is why I always posted the weather on it, and was the only thing keeping it alive sometimes).

Thanks,

quads :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment