Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My truck did it again!

A year or two ago I had a problem with starting my truck. I had backed it out of the garage, one winter day, then pulled it right back in and shut it off without warming it up. The next day, it wouldn't start! Apparently flooded. I changed the plugs, then pulled it down the road and it started. JR told me that if I had put a little oil in each one of the plug holes, it probably would have started on it's own. I had an old Chevelle that I had to do that to in the real cold weather, so I assume he's probably right.

Today, I pulled my truck out of the garage, and was messing around with it between the wood pile and the house when I killed it! Then it wouldn't start. Ok, now what do I do? Nobody to help pull start it, and it's squeezed in the yard with the house and wood pile on each end. I was just about ready to take the plugs out and try the oil trick. I had already tried the gas pedal all the way to the floor with no luck, thinking I had heard somewhere that it stops the flow of gas. Guess not. Before pulling the plugs, I decided to try to stop the flow of fuel somehow. Ah ha! Pull out the fuel pump relay and it fired right up, until it burned the flood out of course. Put the relay back in and away we go!

Whew, now I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment