Sunday, November 16, 2008

Another ATV Ride in the Necedah National Wildlife Refuge

JR and I went for a little ATV ride today. Beautiful day for it, even if we weren't conditioned to the cold yet this early in the cold weather season. JR mentioned when we left his house this morning that he had bought new Iceman cold weather boots, but he wasn't going to wear them yet today. I figured he was going to wear older boots, or something similar. No, when we were partway into our ride I noticed he was wearing tennis shoes! Brrr!

Today at Pamida on the way home, I got some fluid for my dad's old Jon-E handwarmer. I'm going to see if it works (it's older than 40 years) and hopefully not blow myself up trying it out. That should come in handy. Dad carried it everywhere in the Winter when I was a kid. The cloth carrying bag for it is missing, but I'll stitch one up no problem!

Another nice thing to have would be a Thermos full of hot chocolate! I had one, but the insides broke when I dropped it. Soon I will buy a new one. I can't even stand the smell of coffee and don't like tea, so chocolate it is!

JR pointed out how odd it was that the price of gas was so different between two gas stations in Necedah. This was the more expensive one.


If you look closely in the water, in the background you'll see a doe swimming across it! I snapped the picture so quickly that I didn't have time to realize the camera was focused on the stupid branches in the foreground and not the deer in the background.


These guys are gettin' the Hell outta here!


And of course, one of today's airplane pictures!


These pictures and more can also be found on my home/picture page.

- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill!