Monday, November 24, 2008

Latest News From The Observatory

It hasn't been very good weather for astronomy. The few nights lately that the sky was clear, we've spent shopping, or hauling kids to the movies, or spending time with family for early Thanksgiving. There'll still be more moonless nights to come before the next full moon, if the weather cooperates. Jupiter and Venus are fast approaching each other in the southwest. It makes a pretty sight, so get out and see it any evening just after sunset. The Moon will join them soon for a night or two around December 1st.

We got 3 inches of snow last night. I don't think it will stick for long yet, but soon it will be here to stay.



The latest aircraft photos.


Play ball with me! -- Dance with me!
Kiss me! -- Take my picture too!



- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill!