Monday, November 17, 2008

Dad's Antique Jon-E Handwarmer Still Works

I got the old handwarmer running last night, without blowing myself up. Quite the opposite of an explosion actually. I had trouble lighting it, or so I thought. The instructions on the can of fluid said to light the wick, let it burn for one minute, then blow the flame out. I never could get any flame, just a quick poof, when lighting it so I thought it wasn't burning. I kept holding the lighter to it to try to get it to flame, thinking that it wasn't working. Finally I gave up and then noticed a real faint glowing of the wick material. I guess it was lit all along, just that I didn't know it because it never flamed like the instructions said it would. Oh well, it works great and fits nicely in my homemade carrying bag.

Well, one day down and six more to go! Not sure if I can do it, that's like six years worth in one week! I expect by about the fourth day I'll need the ambulance.

- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill!