Friday, December 11, 2009

After The Storm

On the radio they were calling it the "Storm of the Decade" and saying the old timers couldn't remember a worse one. I say bologna! We've had much worse storms than this, even as recently as last year and the year before. We only got a foot of snow. We've gotten way more than that in a single storm before. The wind has blown harder. The drifts have been bigger. And the temperature has been way colder. I think the old timers are suffering from memory loss.

It's supposed to warm up a little this weekend and maybe I can start packing some of the trails in the woods. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Snowflakes!


The woodstack that I'm currently burning from.


The plow truck going by, again.


And right behind the plow truck is the pulp truck. The loggers have a little bit bigger equipment than I do so they can still work in the woods!


I'm sure everybody recognizes this, you've seen it pictured hundreds of times, my wood hauling trailer. Looks pretty sad right now, sitting there doing nothing.


The beginning of the trail into the woods, and at this time also the end. Snoopy is pointing at it, as if shaking a finger to scold it, but the white obstacle still won't go away.


Some of my overflow woodstacks.


And a few more stacks of excess firewood.


And a very depressed-looking balsam fir.


- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment