Sunday, December 13, 2009

Got A Fix For My Firewood Addiction, And It Was Good!

The target.


On the ground and all cut up.


A little wet and cold, but I ain't no momma's boy. Makes the fire at home feel all the better.


Gotta love that old maul! Three swings makes four splits nearly every time.


All split up.


It warmed up to 30°F during the night and this morning the snow had solidified somewhat. I was able to pack the trail pretty good, but was still leery of pulling my wood trailer. It occurred to me that an old snowmobile cutter from about 1970 was propped up somewhere in the junkpile. I found it, dragged it out through the snow, and hooked it up! Worked surprisingly well. In fact, it worked so well that even though my initial intention was not to haul any wood in it but just my equipment, I ended up hauling wood with it anyway. I took it a little easy on it, because the old fiberglass is kind of brittle, and I did forget a couple times and through some splits in it pretty hard, but it survived. It's pretty beat up anyway, from many years of teenagers a long time ago.


I think the poor old thing deserves a place next to my woodhauler. At least for now.


- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment