Wednesday, December 30, 2009

January's Firewood Came Early

I had originally planned to haul January's firewood up to the porch this coming Saturday. It got up to 20°F above zero this morning, and Saturday is supposed to be below zero again, so I decided to haul it up before the light snow arrived this afternoon. I carried all the splits that were left from December's wood into the house, then got busy hauling the next month's worth onto the porch. While I did that, I let the stove burn down and cool a little. Then I swept the chimney and pipe, shoveled the ashes out, and back to full burn before the house had a chance to cool. Just like I do it every month.


Some nice seasoned wood there. Burns great!


Piled these oddball pieces in the firepit for burning on more summer-like evenings. The markers are the only way I can tell exactly where the firepit is right now!


- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment