Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It Was A Long Way To Carry Wood, In The Snow

Under normal circumstances I would have driven right up to it, but this time I thought I would get stuck. It was good exercise for my legs.


So I carried it all out to the trail, just to haul and stack somewhere else in the woods! I suppose I could have stacked it right where I cut it, and left it, but I have trouble keeping track of so many little stacks of wood.


As I carried the wood this morning, the east wind kept me company by howling in the treetops, in advance of the next winter storm.


After a couple days worth of cutting, this stack is big enough that I shouldn't be able to lose track of it. Time to move along to the next ones.


- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment