Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Hello again old blog!

I can't say that I haven't missed you! Facebook, in some ways, is a gigantic 'Praise the Lord I hate pretty much everything that I can possibly bitch about' bulletin board. [insert appropriate Bible verse here] I was perfectly happy with my Internet life until along came the Winter of Facebook! Holy shit. I have never seen anything turn a group of people into such a bunch of whiny bitches as quickly as the combination of wintertime and Facebook. WOW! All in the name of god. Despicable.

Anyway, this morning it was -22°F below zero. I started off with the firewood delivery calls already at 7:30am. Just yesterday afternoon I delivered 4 loads (three of which my customer hauled himself on his old truck all at one time!). I am almost out of the firewood for sale up here by the house and with the recent snowstorm I can't get to the wood that I have stacked in the woods. I tried to go out there today. I made it about 500 yards while practically carrying my ATV, then had a heart attack, turned around and carried it back, then had a stroke! I guess I won't be getting that firewood out of the woods anytime soon. When I'm out of wood to sell, then I will have to turn the customers away. I feel bad about it, but I guess I can't do the impossible.

I'm sure worried about our old dog Goldie. She has been having a dizzy spell since yesterday. She had one before, but this one has lasted longer. The poor thing, even when she is sleeping I can see her eyes darting back and forth. I'm just afraid she might not be able to pull out of this one. She is over 14 years old now. And just before Christmas. The girls will be even more distraught than they already are about winter. And what a great time of year to try to dig a hole in the ground. While I'm at it, I will dig it big enough for both of us so I can crawl in it with her. After all, I heard on Facebook that winter is the season to die so might as well make it a double....

Here is a picture I took on the way home this morning from a firewood delivery:

No comments:

Post a Comment