Friday, December 17, 2010

Working in the woods in winter....

It was a great day to be outside in the woods! Getting ready to cut a tree:


The tree down and all cut up.


Vrooooom! Vrooooom!


Gotta eat food with a lot of animal blood in it to split with that baby in the winter!


That one little tree wouldn't have even filled my trailer, but it was two loads in the old sled.


Hauling the second load up.


This scene did a lot to raise my recently disappointed mood. There isn't much that makes me feel better than the sight of a nice row of firewood, covered in snow, surrounded by trees, with a beautiful blue sky in the background.


Even the sight of this snow-covered brush made me smile contentedly. Never mind that just a little while before some similar Hazel brush smacked me so hard in the face that it made my lip bleed. Not a big deal for me. When you cut wood in the raspberries and brush, something always ends up bleeding almost daily. I actually look fondly at all my scars, like they were battle wounds!


Mmmmmmmm.


Another self-portrait!

No comments:

Post a Comment