Sunday, December 19, 2010

The old sled gets a new look!

This morning I took the tub off the old sled frame and built a platform and side stakes on it. I wanted to build it a little beefier, but I ran out of recycled lumber!


Still quite a bit of snow and now they just issued another winter storm warning for tomorrow. I think the snow is going to stick around for awhile.


It was an absolutely gorgeous day!


A nice little pile of dead white oak, the bark already falling off as I split.


And here is my improved(?) winter wood hauler, all loaded up. Hauls about twice as much as the old tub. It will be interesting to see if it lasts until Spring!


A few little snow-covered white pines and a white oak in the background with it's leaves on it yet.


A red pine plantation.


The sun setting over a stand of jackpine/white pine mixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment