Friday, November 30, 2007

2 inches of snow during the night. Sure makes everything bright under the moonlight this morning. I noticed yesterday that the Easton pond is frozen from the dam all the way up to Colby's gully. I don't think it froze last year until way later. Hopefully this is a good sign for the Castle Rock Family ATV Club's winter poker run in February.

The latest forecast for tomorrow is snow starting about noon, a quick six inches or so (that's what she always tells me too), then a quarter inch of ice during the night on top of that, then light snow on top of that for Sunday. And of course the wind is going to blow, but something I'm used to here in land-clearing country.

Speaking of which, I did get out again yesterday afternoon and cut some wood up (I don't cut standing trees though, unless I have to for some reason). I spent all morning talking with my realtor and marking property lines, so ran short on time in the afternoon. Had to leave some firewood laying in the woods, which is now covered with snow - one of the reasons I don't like to leave it if I don't have to. But, if nothing else, it will still be there in the spring when the snow melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment