Monday, November 5, 2007

Is winter going to start today? Sounds like it. So far this early morning isn't too bad. Temp about 50 and light winds (light for here anyway). The short-term forecast says that's about to change in an hour or so. I suppose it will be vastly different by the time I'm done milking the cows. My motto once again: Bring it on, I'm ready!

I was talking to a couple of my good neighbors yesterday and they've seen a few nice bucks but nothing close enough to get with an arrow. I mentioned that I haven't noticed any turkeys around lately and they said the same thing. I wonder if maybe all the coyotes have been scaring them away. Hard to tell with turkeys, they are a funny animal.

I finished building my firewood fence yesterday, then split a little more kindling (if anybody needs some kindling for starting your fireplace, let me know). If the weather isn't too bad after deer season, I might go out in the woods and cut a little more firewood. I know where there's a big tree that tipped over recently and it has a lot of nice firewood in it.

The crescent Moon and Venus look cool this morning, right next to each other. Would make a good picture, if I wanted to. Haven't seen any meteors yet, through the window above the computer monitor anyway. The comet is still neat as ever, but no tail yet. They say it has a tail now, but it's pointing away from us so can't see it. Darn.

No comments:

Post a Comment