Friday, November 9, 2007

I went over to JR's yesterday to help him work on Michael's car. Well, mostly what I did was watch. Michael is so excited, he bought new speakers for it already without it even running yet! Hopefully now it will run good. His first, very own car and I'm sure he can't wait to get behind the wheel.

I remember mine. A 1969 Rambler American Classic 440 (I never did quite understand what all the names and numbers that Rambler used meant). I drove it until the body completely fell apart, but it still ran. I have the engine yet, somewhere. I liked that thing so much that I eventually bought two more!

My favorite car was my 1966 Chevelle, which I got drunk and smashed. I liked that one much better than the 1964 Chevelle that I had which also got smashed while drinking (I haven't drank for almost 14 years now - couldn't afford it anymore).

The only car I ever owned that I really didn't care for was the Rambler American Rogue (I think it was a 1966). It was a cool car, but it had way too much engine for the light little unibody and a close-ratio 4 speed transmission. At the time, when I still drank, it scared me even when I was sober. I sold it to a friend of mine who got drunk and smashed it. He did it in a big way, lucky to be alive type thing. Broke a stop sign off with the roof of the car, upside down, while in the air. It was a two door hard top like the majority of my cars were, and the roof was smashed down into the seats when the car finally came to rest. How he could have survived is a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment