Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I started putting up some of the outside Christmas decorations today. It's way too early, I usually like to wait until the week before Christmas, or even Christmas Eve day, but I thought this year I'd get a head start in case the weather turns cold and snowy. I hate fighting with the cold cords and wires because they're stiff and it's hard to get them to do what I want. And I can't stand working on stuff like that with gloves on, so my fingers always freeze. Anyway, if the girls don't want them turned on yet, we don't have to plug them in until later, but at least they're up. We won't put the tree up until just before Christmas though.

Here's a few pictures from my daily walk with the dogs yesterday.

Larry working hard to get FB's few little ears of unfertilized corn in the crib. Note the elevator being used is a bit too short to reach the top of the crib like it's supposed to. Ha ha! Fits right in around here:

They're putting another new irrigator in the field across the road from my house. Some money there:

Here's the route we took on yesterday's walk. Mostly we walk in the woods, unless there's a lot of hunting or logging going on, or the snow is too deep. Then we brave the road. The dogs are pretty good and easy to control when a car goes by:

"Old Smokey" really doesn't smoke too much, as long as the wood is seasoned well:

Goldie asking "is this the end of our walk?":

Snoopy waiting patiently to play with the cats when our walk was over:

Kitty says "no way am I playing with Snoopy today":

No comments:

Post a Comment