Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Holy cow! Summer is half over already. It sure doesn't last long. What have I done so far? Not nearly as much as I want to.

I haven't really went anywhere on my bike. Around the block, but I hope to hit the Elroy-Sparta bike trail at least once this summer. I want to ride the 400 too. It's open now from Elroy to Wonewoc, but remains closed from there to Reedsburg yet. That's ok though, because I normally don't ride farther than Wonewoc anyway, and seeing the flood damage (taking pictures) would be cool.

I went on a few ATV rides. One with my buddy Swiney, one preparing for the Castle Rock Family ATV Club scavenger hunt, and the scavenger hunt itself. I doubt if I will be able to go up north this year either, but I still have fun riding in Juneau, Jackson, and Clark counties. The cheese trail is cool too, but takes so long to drive there. More driving time = less riding.

I've done quite a bit of stargazing (my regular readers can vouch for that, I can hear them now - "oh no, not another article about the night sky"). Unfortunately, the only night of the week that I can really muster up the energy to stay up all night is Saturday (no milking for me on Sunday morning, despite the fact that I still, from habit, get up at 4:00am!). So, if Saturday night is cloudy then not much stargazing that week. But that will change quickly as the days get shorter and the sun sets earlier. Then I'll get at least a few hours of night sky patrol any night I want!

Summer may be half over already, but it's not over! Lot more I want to do yet.