Tuesday, July 8, 2008

LP gas is $2.35 per gallon today. I just got $812.68 worth of it! Holy shit. Fortunately, if all goes as planned, that will heat our water and cook our food until next summer when we'll need to buy it again. Thank God for wood heat. If we had to heat our home with the furnace again and use the 2500 gallons of LP that it used to take every winter, we'd have to live in the street. That's more than 25% of our total annual income!

Makes me want to get out and cut some wood, even though I have enough cut for many, many years already, but it's like money in the bank. Can never have too much firewood.

When the septic tank pumper gets here ($100), I'll be all set for next winter already. I have my own pump for it, but it's a lot of work (and stinky, splattering poop) to get most of the solids out. All the trouble I had with it in the past, I thought I'd have it professionally pumped at least a couple years in a row. Knock on wood, I've had no trouble with it since last summer when I had it pumped.