Monday, July 14, 2008

My original plan for yesterday was to do pretty much nothing. It turned out way too nice of a day for that. I thought about going bicycling, but it was really windy. Even as much as I like riding my bike, I don't like fighting the wind. So instead, I gassed everything up and headed over to Necedah with my ATV.

If possible, I never miss an opportunity to go riding. These days it hurts a little more to buy my gas to get there and back, but I still always buy it. It's well worth it. I could sink a bunch of money and time into other crap, but it's my memories of FUN that will last me all the way to the grave. Those are my highest priority. Even if it does mean clenching my teeth a little when I squeeze the gas pump nozzle. Big deal. Life is full of compromises.

I didn't see any flooding. North of Necedah the routes were dusty even. All the marshes and every little bog were full of water though. West of Necedah some of the routes had puddles on them, but still no real flooding. The Yellow River wasn't out of it's banks, but was brown with muddy water.

The Hawkeye ran perfect. I've almost got 2000 miles on it now. Another 100 to go. The problem I had with the choke knob going back in all by itself when cold starting has been cured. I took the tension nut off, wrapped a tiny piece of black tape around the tensioner, and that stuff is so gooey that it holds the choke wherever I set it now.