Wednesday, July 2, 2008

OUCH! It's that time of year again. Hot and sweaty milking the cows, and the flies are biting a lot now. Makes them a little ornery, and stomp, jump, kick. I've also got a heat rash on my leg from my barn boots. So bad in fact, that it was bleeding this morning. Yuck. I'll have to take a little more care of it for a few days and make it go away. Nothing this old farmer hasn't handled before. All this and more for less than minimum wage. Why do I do it? I'm not sure. I try not to think about it. If I did, I probably wouldn't do it anymore.

No matter how bad off you think you are, or how poor you imagine yourself to be, you're not really. Somebody else always has it worse than you think you do, and they probably handle it a lot better and complain a lot less than you do!