Saturday, February 21, 2009

5 Inches Of Fresh Snow

I thought it was done snowing, so plowed the driveway and then went out and cut more firewood. Turns out it wasn't done snowing and I cut firewood all day in a snowstorm! No big deal. Hardly even noticed.

I didn't take the camera out with me today. Too wet and nasty. I did take the scanner. I keep it in a Ziploc freezer bag when the weather is bad. Works great. (In case you're wondering, sound travels through a freezer bag like it isn't even there.)

I got a nice bunch of wood cut and split again. One tree was a gnarly, twisted monster. Takes more than that to scare me into getting a splitting machine though. I love a splitting challenge. It took a lot of very powerful swings of the maul, all the way up, to finish this tree. Just what I like. Piece of cake.

- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment