Saturday, February 14, 2009

News From The Observatory

For the first time since the beginning of December, I managed to ride around the trails in the woods today. It's as I thought, the snow is icy and crusty enough now that my Hawkeye stays on top mostly. There was a spot on the north side of a thick stand of jack pine that I broke through a little. Still too much snow to pull a loaded trailer though. But, I can get out there and cut firewood now if I want. I'll just pile it where it's split and haul it up later when the rest of the snow is gone.

My Polaris Hawkeye floated on top of the crust.


There are several nice firewood trees that tipped over during the winter. I can't wait to split 'em up!


I've never seen water standing on this field before. And yet the pond is low. Go figure.


The cows have finally got a place to lay that isn't the same old shit and piss spot where they have been fed their hay bales all winter. And boy is my clothes washer grateful!


Look Snoopy, a bird!


Yep, I see it.


- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment