Monday, February 2, 2009

A Few Pictures From Sunday's Ride In Jackson County:

JR and I rode about 60 miles yesterday. As mentioned previously, the weather and trails were perfect. I actually prefer winter riding. Maybe partly from growing up on snowmobiles, but I think mostly because there is no dust and the trails tend not to have any jarring, spine-tingling bumps in the winter.

One of our favorite trails between Millston and Black River Falls is now closed due to some confusing stuck-up snowmobiler rule about it only being open to ATVs when it hasn't been groomed. How you tell that exactly is beyond me. We lose more trails everyday since this great state of Wisconsin started charging more than double for ATV registration. Go figure.

Everything went well, ran well, and we had no problems. A great ride.

Left: It doesn't get any better than this! Middle: JR's monster Sportsman. Right: My little half-the-price Hawkeye!


Even though I can't afford to ride a snowmobile anymore, I still like scenic views. Unfortunately this state normally doesn't play fair when it comes to ATVs.


These pictures and more can also be found on the main picture page.

- Quads, hailing from Grand Marsh Observatory atop Elk Castle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment