Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Did you know that today is "make today a better day than yesterday" day? Who thinks up this crap?

Arrgghh! Sure hasn't started out that way for me. Stupid tank for the vacuum pump has been rotted out and a big hole in it for years. I had it patched with bags and tape to hold the vacuum, but this morning it wouldn't hold enough to milk the cows. Finally the milkers fell off their tits and onto the floor. Shit.

So, I had no idea how to change it myself, and in usual fashion it was put off and put off until it becomes an emergency. Then I had no choice but to figure it out myself and in a hurry so I could get the milking done before the milkman arrived. Fortunately I had ordered a new tank a long time ago, so I had that.

Anyway, I ripped it all apart, covered in slime and dust and cowshit and sweat and spiders and replaced it. Works better now, although the years of sucking dirt and rust and tape and pieces of bags into the vacuum pump hasn't helped it any. It sounds kind of funky nowadays. Oh well. It's not mine. If the guy that owns the place doesn't give a shit, I sure as hell don't either. I can just go home.

Looks like "make today a better day than yesterday" is already a bust for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment