Thursday, July 5, 2007

I had been watering everyday, just to keep things going, but there sure is nothing like a real rain! Everything really perked up after the 1.3 inches of rain we got. A few of my cornstalks tipped over. No big deal. One lesson about corn for anyone that ever grows it in their garden, if it tips over in a storm, don't try to straighten it back up. You'll break it off and kill it. Leave it alone and it will straighten itself back up in a day or two. I've seen people panic and kill a lot of corn needlessly by trying to straighten it.

Today is Snoopy's birthday. She's one year old. I guess that's 7 in dog years.

It's good to see my brother John again! He got here yesterday late in the afternoon. I wish Terry and Tim could make it here soon. Meri will find out more from the doctor today, but it doesn't sound good for Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment